|Tokyo University of Social Welfare TOP ＞ Japanese Language program|
Japanese Language Program, Tokyo University of Social Welfare
＞＞Download Documents for Application [PDF・466KB]
Years to attend, Enrollment date
Two Years, April / October admission,
Ikebukuro Campus, Nagoya Campus
The Japanese Language Program, Tokyo University of Social Welfare is a preparatory program for international students who want to enter Tokyo University of Social Welfare as regular students. Students are expected to obtain proficiency in Japanese language (especially in reading and writing) which will be required when they study at universities in Japan. The program also offers students the opportunity to deepen their understanding of Japan through its social, industrial and cultural phenomena. The program has two academic semesters and admits students twice a year-Spring and autumn. Our experienced teachers will conduct interactive, i.e., discussion-oriented classes for international students, according to each student’s language ability.
1. Qualifications for Application
(1) Those who have completed 12 or more years of formal schooling and are eligible to enter colleges/universities in their home countries or those whom Tokyo university of Social Welfare has judged to have scholastic abilities equivalent to the above.
(2) Those whose Japanese Level is equivalent to the N5 or higher level of Japanese Language Proficiency Test “JLPT”, the primary level or higher of Global Network Kentei “GNK”, or the Level F or higher of the J-Test.
Enrollment of April, 2019: 1st September, 2018 to 16th November 2018
Enrollment of October, 2019: 15th April, 2019 to 15th June, 2019.
3. Application Procedure
(1) Pay the entrance exam fee and prepare all documents concerning with admission to university, and then send the documents to the address mentioned below.
(2) Fix the date of Japanese language test and interview. After making the application, adjust the place, the date of examinations.
(3) Let all applicants know whether s/he has passed the exam. We will apply certificate of eligibility to the Immigrations bureau of Japan.
(4) After being admitted from immigration bureau, let person qualified know that s/he passed, and then the person will pay tuition fees to designated account.
(5) After confirming reception of fees, we will send “Eligibility of Certificate” and “Certificate of Admission” to the applicant and then s/he follows the necessary procedures for application of student visa.
4. Application Materials
1) In case applicant is self-sponsored.
* Note: Recently, the Immigration Bureau of Japan is conducting stricter inspections of documents submitting by applicants for the visa status “Student” since the number of illegal residents and illegal workers who entered Japan as “Student” is marked increasing. Therefore, the Immigration Bureau is requesting some additional documents to be submitted for those applicants from countries/areas where account for a large number of Immigration Act violators.
5．Application Fee and Designated Bank Account
1) Entrance Exam Fee · Japanese Language Program: 10,000 JPN Yen * Payment must be under applicant’s own responsibility. Once the payment has been transferred, application fee is not refundable for any reason and regardless of the result of the screening.
2) The Process of Entrance Examination · Interview · Written exam * Entrance Examination will be enforced at the said local. After application, its date, time and place will be conveyed to each applicant. Tuition and fees to be paid in the first school year.
(1)Japanese Language Program
* Fees above mentioned must be paid to the designated account within 1 week after the issuance of the “Certificate of Eligibility” and “Certificate of Admission” which is issued for successful applicant by TUSW will be sent by Express mailing Service.
* In addition to the above-mentioned fees, applicants will have to pay textbook fees (approximately \25,000.-, somewhat different from every year.For students who are admitted to Ikebukuro campus,textbook fees will be collected together with all other first year university fees.) and fee for National Health Insurance (approximately \11,000.-) after entering university.
3) Designated Bank Account
Applicants for entering Ikebukuro campus